The first week of November 2017 was full of fun and exciting events for me and my wish to vlog about all of this was why I started vlogging about a month earlier. Despite all the preparations I wasn’t really ready to vlog about this week, and editing it all took over a month! Nonetheless, in the end, I managed to make two vlog out of the footage that I had and I might even release some more videos about this week in the future.
Something you might not yet now about me is that I work in the water sector, at the Dutch knowledge institute Deltares. I work there as a geodata expert and in 2017 I was the projectleader of a plastic recycling project in Senegal.
During the Amsterdam International Water Week (AIWW), my partner from Senegal – Mamadou Diaw – was in the Netherlands to attend both AIWW and the VIA-GO side-events. VIA-GO was organized by VIA-WATER, which is again one of the financiers of our Greening Plastic Project. A lot of organisations were also organizing side-events in the week of AIWW with the result that I had a very fully-packed week with among others the following things:
- a vlogging course on monday
- a VIA-GO course on tuesday – on business skills, finding funding for your project or enterprise and marketing & communication.
- the FABFORUM on wednesday – Francophone Africa Business Forum, organised by the NABC
- On thursday a delegation from the Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso visited Deltares with the NABC. I had organized their visit, but could not attend myself, because:
- Also on thursday, together with Mamadou – we visited Plastic Fantastic
- and on friday: Weteringsplastics
I made recordings every day, but found it really difficult to make real vlogs. It all resulted in two videos:
The first week of November
Visiting Plastic Fantastic